When you’re living an active life in your senior living community, you’re likely taking advantage of all the amenities and services that help you stay fit and healthy. You also want the peace of mind that comes from knowing you can get the health care you need if or when your needs change.
The Merion in Evanston, IL, provides peace of mind through our premier health services program, MerionCares. This program is designed to help you live and age well.
MerionCares: Developing a Customized Plan
At The Merion, we realize that you need a personalized approach to health care so your plan meets all your health needs. Our Wellness Center Director and their staff will work with you to develop a health plan through the following steps:
- Conduct a pre-residency interview to get to know you and your health needs
- Assess your physical, emotional, and social needs
- Communicate with your family about any health concerns
- Connect you with the care and services you need
- Develop a transition plan should your health needs change
You can also depend on the Wellness Center staff to advocate for you with health care providers so you’re getting the services you deserve. They will also follow up with further assessments if necessary.
Health Services With MerionCares
MerionCares health services program helps you get the care you need so you’re able to live your best life. You can get the following services through MerionCares:
- Private duty home care, so you can get personal care tailored to your needs in the comfort of your home
- Medication reminders and monitoring to ensure you get your medication on time each day
- Home health care that’s physician-prescribed and may be eligible for reimbursement from Medicare
- On-site therapies – physical, occupational, and speech
- A la carte care support with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Assistance with mobility
- Companion services
- Access to a local pharmacy with free delivery each day
- Medical equipment and delivery
- Educational tools, including seminars, support groups, and other professional programs
All these services work together to provide you with the best health care possible. If you require other health services like rehabilitation or skilled nursing, you will have priority access so you can start care as soon as you need it.
Take Advantage of The Merion Wellness Center and Fitness Center
The Merion has a Wellness Center where you have daily access to.
You can also take care of your physical wellness in the state-of-the-art fitness center, which includes exercise equipment, an indoor saltwater pool, and fitness classes.
MerionCares partners with Symbria, a service provider that will help you achieve your wellness goals. For example, Symbria implements innovative AI technology that allows you to track your progress as you set, achieve and celebrate your goals. You can share your milestones with your loved ones so they can see all you’re doing through the Symbria Family Tie online portal.
Live Well at The Merion
At The Merion, we encourage our residents to get involved with all the fun activities and fitness classes offered at our community, and provide helpful information on all the health services here. We’re even hosting a Wellfest fair this fall – you can learn more about our events on our Facebook page.
Discover robust new health service offerings with our recently revamped MerionCares health services program, an alternative support solution to assisted living that reduces the need to move if care needs change. Schedule an appointment today to learn more.