March 13, 2020
The health and well-being of our residents and employees is our top priority at The Merion, especially during this time with the coronavirus (COVID-19) being a concern for many. Our community we will be implementing the following additional precautions effective immediately and will remain in place until further notice:
- All visitors must enter through Chicago Ave – DAVIS STREET DOORS WILL BE LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.
- Must check in at the front desk.
- Will be asked a series of questions relating to their general health.
- Visits will be limited to essential visits only: medical staff, caregivers, immediate family members here to provide care and/or medical attention.
- Guests limited to no more than 2 people at any one time.
- Visits restricted to apartment only.
- No guest meals in dining venues.
- All instructor-led programs cancelled.
- All outside field trips cancelled.
- No outside performances or concerts will take place.
- Bus to be used for essential trips only – medical appts, religious services and grocery shopping.
The community will continue:
- Adding additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Performing routine environmental cleaning to all touched surfaces including doorknobs, handrails, elevator buttons, library computer workstations, countertops, tables, chairs, etc.
- Encouraging staff to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms and refrain from work until they are 24-hour fever free.
- Encouraging residents to inform administration if they are experiencing any symptoms once they notify their healthcare professional first.
- Encouraging residents and staff to limit travel to areas where coronavirus outbreaks are high.
- Encouraging proper hygiene for all residents, staff and visitors:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and if soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with tissue. Discard tissue and follow up with hand washing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces regularly.
Illinois Primary Election Polling Place relocated to Alice Millar Chapel at Northwestern University, 1870 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL.
Angelo will be available to transport residents to the polling place between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17 2020.
We will stay proactive with the steps outlined above and provide any additional updates when available. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Vicki Botefuhr by calling 847.864.6400
For more information about COVID-19, please use the helpful resources below: