Is 2023 the Year You Make the Move to Senior Living?
December 13, 2022
What are your goals for this new year? Whether it’s your goal to get healthy, develop a more positive mindset, get your finances in order, make new friends, or live more carefree, there’s one solution that can easily help: a move to a senior living community.
If you’ve been considering a move to an independent living community like The Merion, the new year is the perfect time. Check out some of the perks you can enjoy when you decide it’s time to move.
One of the reasons older adults consider moving to a retirement community is because they want to get rid of the ever-growing list of tasks to complete. From home maintenance and housekeeping to seasonal yardwork and shoveling, you can let it all go and turn your need-to-do list into your want-to-do list.
At The Merion, our services and amenities take care of all of this for you, allowing you to simply enjoy your time here among friends and family, free to do anything you want to do.
Senior living communities offer a range of things to do that are tailored to a variety of interests. This can include groups and clubs, special events, educational opportunities, resident committees, and more. At The Merion, residents enjoy:
- Chatting with friends in our sun-drenched atrium
- Enjoying our robust lifelong learning program
- Reading by the fireplace in the library
- Expressing themselves with arts and crafts in the studio
For an in-depth sample of what our residents are up to, check out our activities calendar.
Those New Year’s resolutions might not be so hard to complete if you move into a senior living community like The Merion! We strive to create a healthy environment where independence can be increased, maintained, and enjoyed. Break a sweat in our state-of-the-art fitness center, make a splash in our indoor saltwater pool, or try out our fitness classes.
We don’t only enhance health through exercise and fitness classes. Our dining options are just as healthy and are thoroughly savored, too! Residents can dine all day long in a range of gorgeous venues, or they can remain in their residences with made-to-order meals.
Entering the new year with peace of mind is never a bad idea. With some communities offering higher levels of care, your needs can be met as they change.
For older adults who need assistance who are living at The Merion, we offer 24/7 assistance-in-living services.
Our MerionCares health services program provides residents with a customized plan put together by our care coordinator. This plan covers both current needs and future needs so you can live worry-free. These services can include:
- Connecting you with any care and services you may need
- Advocating on your behalf with health care providers
- Developing transition plans when change is needed
- Providing follow-up assessments
- Physician-ordered therapies, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Priority access through MerionCares to accredited rehabilitation and nursing providers at discounted rates
And, as a rental community with one all-inclusive monthly fee, you can receive access to our MerionCares program while enjoying financial security and flexibility.
Your senior living location can make or break your retirement experience. Those living in Evanston, IL at The Merion enjoy all our area has to offer.
- Tap into the arts of Chicago
- Continue learning with Northwestern University’s OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes) senior educator program
- Expand your friend group with social and cultural opportunities
- Explore downtown Evanston
No matter your interests, you’re sure to find something you love both on and off our campus.
At The Merion, we offer 10 hours of moving services at no cost to you through our On The Move Program. Your personal On The Move consultant will provide step-by-step guidance, support, and move-in day coordination, helping you enjoy a stress-free move.
Aside from making a move to The Merion a breeze, your On The Move consultant will work with you to:
- Get a general overview of your home
- Measure your furniture
- Detail furniture placement in your new home
- Help you decide what to keep, sell or donate
- Identify and protect your sentimental items
- Refer trusted movers and service providers
- Direct movers and put everything in its place
- Provide change-of-address forms
- Coordinate other details as needed
If you’ve been searching for Evanston senior living options, contact the team at The Merion. We’d be happy to show you around our community and share more about our lifestyle. Join us for an upcoming event or schedule a visit today.