HOW TO DOWNSIZE TO SENIOR LIVING
The Merion’s On The Move Program makes moving to our senior living community a breeze. Our team is certified by the National Association of Specialty & Senior Move Managers®, NASMM. With their expertise, there will be no surprises. Your move will be seamless and stress-free.
MOVING TO SENIOR LIVING IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK.
Your personal consultant will visit you at home to discuss every detail of the downsizing process.They’ll coordinate preparations with you and family members and create a plan of action to suit all your wishes. Throughout the downsizing process, with your input, they’ll do as little or as much as you wish them to do, including:
- Create a custom floor plan to plan furniture placement in your new home
- Refer trusted movers and other service providers
- Help you decide what to keep, sell, or donate
- Identify and protect your most sentimental items
- Meet and direct your movers, unpack boxes, and put everything in its place
- Make your beds and set up your kitchen and bathroom
- Disconnect your utilities
- Provide change of address forms
- Coordinate other details as needed
HOW DOES THE ON THE MOVE PROGRAM WORK?
When the consultant arrives at your home, they will be ready to discuss any stage of the move. This includes downsizing, packing, and then unpacking at The Merion. The consultant will assess your needs, room by room, and determine what moving supplies you need.
In the days leading up to the move, your consultant can provide any move-related paperwork, close utility accounts, and handle any other details as they arise. They will also coordinate with your movers on moving day, making sure that any important documents are easily accessible for your first night at The Merion.
Once you arrive, they can help you unpack and set up your kitchen and bathroom. We want to make your first night, as well as every night, perfect at The Merion.
Moving to our senior living community is easier with On The Move. Learn more about the benefits by contacting us here.